Saturday, June 23, 2012

Papertrey Ink MIM #71 Bordered Sentiments

I'm just popping in to show you what I made for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge #71.  It involves masking stamps to border your sentiments.  Check out the video tut here.

Here is my first attempt:

I loved Betsy's example soo much so I decided to copy it.  I did change the colors a bit.  I used stamps that I had since I didn't own the set Betsy used (more details below).  I wish I would have invested in one of the Think Big sentiments as it would have come in handy here. I combined sentiments from 3 different stamp sets to achieve a large enough sentiment.  I was thrilled to be able to use this very old Creative Memories patterned paper.  This was before they even came out with a 12 x 12 size!  I keep thinking I should just sell it or give it to the kids but figured tone on tone prints like this has to come in handy some day.  .....See I was right!  I added clear rhinestones since I didn't have any pretty pearls.  I still didn't have nice clean masking as Betsy did.  I created a second card and eventually learned you must press really hard in order to get the ink over the post it note mask and right up against the drawn line.   I do love how this gives a one layer card such depth!  I might try it with a vellum stamped sentiment strip so I don't have to worry about masking. These would be great for OWH cards.

Papertrey Ink Stamps used:
Everyday Classics: largest flower and Hello sentiment
Rosie Posie:  medium rose flower
Honey Bees:  two smallest flowers
Mat Stack 2: celebrate today and always and friend sentiment
Paper Tray: Good sentiment


Have a blessed Sunday!  Thanks for stopping by and please come back again!


Share:

1 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your card. The colour combo is beautiful.